Lead with Equity is seeking a virtual assistant to support our business growth as we head into 2022.
About Lead with Equity
Lead with Equity helps leaders create space for the voices of historically marginalized people to drive change in organizations. We are fighting for a world where every human, regardless of background or difference, has what they need to thrive at work; only then can organizations truly thrive. We value learning, justice, joy, caring, impact, and simplicity in everything we do.
We are currently working on building up our clientele and our offerings, all focused on helping people become more effective, inclusive, and equitable leaders. The company has two founders and a handful of contractors who we work with on a project basis. The virtual assistant will report directly to the Co-Founder and CEO. Depending on skills and interest, there is room for the virtual assistant to grow and expand their role as the company grows.
The virtual assistant will start with 5-10 hours/week, and will be responsible for the following:
- Research, such as identifying target clients, speaking engagements, curriculum resources, and networking opportunities
- Invoicing clients and implementing scalable invoicing systems
- Sending client welcome packets, surveys, and supporting materials and responding to existing client questions
- Keeping client documentation organized & updated
- Creating and/or updating presentations and marketing materials
Must have mindsets, skills, and behaviors:
- Demonstrated understanding & passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion work, gained either through personal lived experience or professional qualifications
- Adept at current technologies (we currently use Gmail, Google Suite, Zoom, Calendly), and curious and able to learn new technologies as needed
- Demonstrates the Lead with Equity core competencies of curiosity, humility, cultural intelligence, self management, and compassion
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Committed to Lead with Equity’s values of learning, justice, joy, caring, impact, and simplicity
Nice to have mindsets, skills, and behaviors
- Demonstrates the Lead with Equity core competency of viewing systems and processes with an equity lens
- Experience as a virtual assistant or similar role
- Experience with search engine research
- Basic website editing skills (we currently use wordpress.com)
- Experience working with startups
Start date: As soon as feasible, but also negotiable
Interested candidates should send a resume & a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining your interest and why you think your skills are the right fit for this role. The application will be open until the position is filled.